Game Templates

Mar 23, 2008 0 comments

A lot of teachers use games in their classrooms. Kids love them and they are great for reviews and getting kids engaged. There are a lot of PowerPoint games out there on the web that you can download but unfortunately many of them are not that practical to use or they are old game shows most kids are unfamiliar with. One PowerPoint game that I do recommend is Jeopardy but not all are created equal. A favorite of my kids this version of Jeopardy is better than others out there. It is more like the actual game, contains the sound files you need and is simple to use. So simple I let my kids make their own games up. I give them 5 categories, they make up the questions, type them in the template and then we play. I use this exercise to make sure the kids and I are on the same page before a test. It never fails to amaze me when the kids make up harder questions than me! I also play a lot of games with my kids where I need a constant supply of questions to ask. One great program I use is iflash. Check it out it is a great tool. Oh yeah, another great web application out there is Quizlet. Free, web- based, with the ability to track your student's use. Quizlet is a proven winner. Lots of teachers are using this cool tool in their classroom for a reason, it works. You can make tests, create flash cards, share flash card sets, and play scatter a game based on the vocabulary in your class. Try Quizlet you and your students will be hooked. M

0 comments: to “ Game Templates so far...